Hello. I have a local question that I will assume to be general: how do those of you involved in special collections and the like - especially in the event that those collections are born digital and perhaps not entirely recent - deal with issues of evaluation of digital assets?

One difficult example might be: sharing or procuring a specific kind of technical resource (where an "extreme" case might be, a 3.5" or 5.25" disk - or suppose it's DOS-era magnetic media, for an alternate challenge) among institutions who aren't prepared to amass collections of such.

To me this touches on hardware, software, emulation, expertise and budget issues all at once.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

--
Al Matthews, Software Dev,
Atlanta University Center

They are intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system
manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or
make copies.

** IronMail scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious
content. **