-----Original Message-----
From: The NDSA infrastructure working group list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Owens, Trevor
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 3:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [NDSA-INFRASTRUCTURE] Infrastructure Call Tomorrow: 2PM Eastern,
Tuesday 27th

Hello Infrastructure folks,

Just a quick reminder about our call tomorrow and a brief agenda. If there
are other agenda items you would like to add please just respond to email.

Here is the call info:
Call-in number: 866-469-3239
Participant Access Code: 21408589

1. Compression Discussion:
Does anyone have anything to add to the compression discussion? Our earlier
discussion on encryption seems to have generated a lot more back and forth,
did we just have less to say on this one? What should be our next discussion
topic and who wants to kick it off? Is there something we want to do with
these discussions to more broadly share or disseminate them?

2. Last Change for the Open Source Project:
We had no takers (other than Karen and I) on framing out the open source
project. If this is the case it is likely not a good focus for the group.
Last chance to throw your hat in the ring to be part of a small sub group to
define the project. If we don't have any takers who want to do that on the
call we should probably let this one be.

3. Next project? Back to the Ideascale drawing board?
If we end up passing on the Open Source project idea what kinds of things do
we want to do next? Should we take a month or so to hit the reset button and
group to focus on? See
http://ndsa.ideascale.com/a/ideafactory.do?id=4760&mode=recent&discussionFil
ter=byids&discussionID=11334

4. Input for the NDSA Joint Leadership Meeting The NDSA Coordinating
Committee and the Working group chairs are meeting at the end of this week.
Are there any things that we would like to hear from the coordinating
committee on?

Trevor Owens
Digital Archivist
National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program Office
of Strategic Initiatives The Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave SE
Washington DC 20540-1300
202.707.7217
@tjowens