Hello Infrastructure folks,

Just a quick reminder about our call tomorrow and a brief agenda. If there are other agenda items you would like to add please just respond to email.

Here is the call info:
Call-in number: 866-469-3239
Participant Access Code: 21408589

1. Compression Discussion:
Does anyone have anything to add to the compression discussion? Our earlier discussion on encryption seems to have generated a lot more back and forth, did we just have less to say on this one? What should be our next discussion topic and who wants to kick it off? Is there something we want to do with these discussions to more broadly share or disseminate them?

2. Last Change for the Open Source Project:
We had no takers (other than Karen and I) on framing out the open source project. If this is the case it is likely not a good focus for the group. Last chance to throw your hat in the ring to be part of a small sub group to define the project. If we don't have any takers who want to do that on the call we should probably let this one be.

3. Next project? Back to the Ideascale drawing board?
If we end up passing on the Open Source project idea what kinds of things do we want to do next? Should we take a month or so to hit the reset button and go back to the ideascale and try generating some new project ideas for our group to focus on? See http://ndsa.ideascale.com/a/ideafactory.do?id=4760&mode=recent&discussionFilter=byids&discussionID=11334

4. Input for the NDSA Joint Leadership Meeting
The NDSA Coordinating Committee and the Working group chairs are meeting at the end of this week. Are there any things that we would like to hear from the coordinating committee on?

Trevor Owens
Digital Archivist
National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program
Office of Strategic Initiatives
The Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave SE
Washington DC 20540-1300