At the NDSA Joint Leadership Meeting the idea came up of starting a Stack Overflow style Question-and-Answer site (stackoverflow.com) on the topic of DIgital Preservation. Stack Exchange, the company that operates Stack Overflow has a mechanism  called Area 51 for proposing a new Q&A site (area51.stackexchange.com). There is an open process for proposing a new site, which involves one user putting a proposal forward and other users ratifying that proposal.

Here's the rub: in order to propose a new site or ratify a proposal one must be a user of Stack Overflow and one must have accumulated "reputation points." That's where the NDSA community comes in.

Is there anyone within the NDSA who uses Stack Overflow and has enough reputation points to be able to propose a new site? If so, please contact me and we can develop a description of the proposed site to use in the proposal.

Micah Beck
NDSA Innovation Working Group co-Chair