Fellow Infrastruc-turions,

I have posted draft notes for our call on the wiki. http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Tuesday,_March_27,_2012

Compression Discussion:
Mark, Micah, and Jefferson each volunteered to continue the discussion on the email list. We will continue this line of conversation on the list for another two weeks.

Next Discussion List topic:
Mark and Micah volunteered to kick off a conversation on the list about making decisions on what number of copies to keep and bit integrity check frequency. Expect this in about two weeks, once our compression discussion has trailed off.

Open Source project:
Linda, Aaron, and Karen each contacted me or responded over the list to express their interest. Trevor will contact them to see about working on shaping up this project idea into a one page project charter/plan that spells out the goal, approach and a timeline.

New Project Ideas:
Trevor volunteered to post these ideas to the ideascale page in the next week. Everyone is explicitly encouraged to propose ideas on ideascale for additional projects.
http://ndsa.ideascale.com/a/ideafactory.do?id=4760&mode=recent&discussionFilter=byids&discussionID=11334

Yours,
Trevor

Trevor Owens
Digital Archivist
National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program
Office of Strategic Initiatives
The Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave SE
Washington DC 20540-1300