Hi Ken,

A source that readily comes to mind is OCLC webservices, specifically
xISSN, which includes 742,395
ISSNs<http://xissn.worldcat.org/xissnadmin/doc/stat.htm>
.

http://www.oclc.org/xissn/default.htm

It's be free for up to 1000 requests per day without subscription; and for *
fee* after that.

cheers,

Tom