Hi all,

Our first code4lib Ottawa meetup had a great turnout and more than few
calls for it to to be repeated. So to keep things rolling along, I'm
proposing a second event:

Date: Tuesday April 24th, 5pm

Location: The Exchange Pub, 50 Rideau Street (entrance inside Rideau Centre)
The reservation is under "Warren / code4lib" and the reserved room is
downstairs.

While the first meeting was more of a meet-and-greet, I thought it
might be fun to add an educational component for this second
gathering. To that end, we'll start with a Show and Tell session.
Anyone who wants to demo what they're working on or something
interesting related to libraries and technology is encouraged to take
the floor, even if it's five minute lightning talk. An HDTV with an
HDMI input is available if you want to show something on screen. We'll
likely have about an hour or so of talks followed by the usual social
gathering.

We already have a few volunteers:

* Max Neuvians from the uOttawa ESIS program will be talking about
"Social-biblio.ca : An approach to Twitter data visualization,
archiving, and the larger narrative".

* Mary Beth Baker will provide a quick intro to Girl Develop It Ottawa
(http://www.meetup.com/Girl-Develop-It-Ottawa/) and also seek some
input for the wireless-friendly Reading Garden at the upcoming
Canadian Library Association conference.

* Warren Layton will give a quick demo of LibraryBox, a wireless
filesharing device, which may have interesting applications in
government and other libraries where security restrictions can limit
network use.

Please send an RSVP to [log in to unmask] if you're wish to
attend and/or present.

See you at the meetup!

Cheers,
  Warren Layton