ILL at most institutions does not keep scanned copies for future
patrons, not even in a database that's not "publically searchable."

To do so would be of highly questionable legality with regard to
copyright. As would be this plan, alas.

You can easily violate copyright just sharing within the (eg) university
community, or even just among librarians, it does not need to be
'publicly searchable' to violate copyright.