> Karen Coyle
> Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 15:41
> Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] MarcXML and char encodings
>
> The discussions at the MARC standards group relating to Unicode all had
> to do with using Unicode *within* ISO2709. I can't find any evidence
> that MARCXML ever went through the standards process. (This may not be
> bad thing.) So none of what we know about the MARBI discussions and
> resulting standards can really help us here, except perhaps by analogy.

Well I can confirm that the MARCXML didn't go through MARBI since I was
one of OCLC's representatives who solidified MARCXML. MARCXML came out
of a meeting at LC between the MARC Standards office, OCLC, RLG, and
one or two other interested parties whom I cannot remember or find in
my emails or notes about the meeting.

Andy.