From: Jonathan Rochkind [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 4:19 PM
To: Code for Libraries
Cc: Sheila M. Morrissey
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] MarcXML and char encodings

On 4/17/2012 3:01 PM, Sheila M. Morrissey wrote:
> No -- it is perfectly legal - -but you MUST declare the encoding to BE Marc8 in the XML prolog,

Wait, how canyou declare a Marc8 encoding in an XML
decleration/prolog/whatever it's called?

The things that appear there need to be from a specific list, and I
didn't think Marc8 was on that list?

Can you give me an example?  And, if you happen to have it, link to XML
standard that says this is legal?