I remember the related discussion from last month (http://serials.infomotions.com/code4lib/archive/2012/201203/thread.html#777) -- and kudos for bringing it up again -- and I find I'm still of mixed feelings about it.  Security is an important aspect of software development, no argument, but I wonder if there is something separate or distinct for libraries about the topic.  What I do wonder about, though, is if there is a role for a generic-to-libraries security incident response team that would responsibly take in reports of security problems, work with vendors and/or software developers, and publish outcomes.  I could see a need for such a team that was respected in our field and had contacts with people from the vendor community and FOSS projects.

Peter

--
Peter Murray
Assistant Director, Technology Services Development

1438 West Peachtree Street NW
Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30309
Toll Free: 800.999.8558
Fax: 404.892.7879
www.lyrasis.org

LYRASIS: Great Libraries. Strong Communities. Innovative Answers.