Hi folks,

Does anyone know of a free data source that correlates ISSNs with data that includes "what kind of publication is this?" e.g.

*        Academic journal (+/- peer review?)

*        Popular magazine

*        Newspaper

*        Trade journal

*        Etc

Obviously, there's some wiggle room in these designations, and I don't need a super-solid answer.

I've been asked to supply information about our academic journal collection, and I don't have a particularly good way of differentiating between our e-journals and e-magazines, for instance. Individual suppliers might make these distinctions, but I'm really hoping that a query-able (or, better: downloadable) file exists.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ken