Rosalyn,

I've written a number of scripts of this nature. Here's a quick one I wrote recently to add DAOs to our AT for an audio digitization project (note it does not include file versions, just Components, Instances and DAOs).
It starts at the ResourceComponent identified by the long at the top of the script. The resourceId is also hard-coded in a number of places. I've got some tidier Java that runs as part of a automated process for a large digitization project, but all the basic Inserts are in this: https://github.com/yalemssa/ATK_DAO_Scripts/blob/master/components_atk.groovy

Don Mennerich

From: Rosalyn Metz <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Archivists' Toolkit: Adding Digital Objects via MySQL
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Hi Everyone,

I posted this over on the Archivists' Toolkit listserv and got no response
(yet), so I thought I might try here as well.

I have a large quantity (around 300+) of digital objects that I need to add
to Archivists' Toolkit.  I think I've figured out what queries I need to
run in order to do this in MySQL (rather than the interface) but I wanted
to get opinions from the peanut gallery before trying it out on my test
instance.

It seems that there are actually two update queries that need to be used
when creating a Digital Object.  They are:

insert into ArchDescriptionInstances
(instanceType, resourceComponentId, resourceId, parentResourceId,
instanceDescriminator, archDescriptionInstancesId)
values
('Digital object', 336673, null, 543, 'digital', 22567003)

and...

insert into DigitalObjects
(version, lastUpdated, created, lastUpdatedBy, createdBy, title,
dateExpression, dateBegin, dateEnd, languageCode, restrictionsApply,
eadDaoActuate, eadDaoShow, metsIdentifier, objectType, label, objectOrder,
componentId, parentDigitalObjectId, archDescriptionInstancesId,
repositoryId)
values
(0, '2012-04-17 12:05:15', '2012-04-17 12:05:15', 'username', 'username',
'title', '1938-1959', null, null, '', 0, 'onRequest', 'new', '678.1829',
'text', '', 0, '', null, 22567003, 1)

There also appears to be some update queries as well, but I'm guessing that
they are less important (please correct me if I'm wrong).  Has anyone tried
to do this in the past? If so do you have scripts that will create Digital
Objects for you that you wouldn't mind sharing?  Is there anything you
think I should know before testing this out in my test instance of AT?  Any
caveats for me?

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rosalyn