I'm writing to ask if there are any open source or other solutions that can do what CONTENTdm does with METS/ALTO content. Whether they are add-ons for Fedora, Blacklight, Vufind or stand alone systems. It's nothing against CONTENTdm, I've just been asked to look into alternatives for this type of display.

Specifically what I am looking for is another way to handle the article zoning, so if you mouse over the images or articles on the page they highlight using the METS/ALTO data and can also pull the full article (content from the page the article is continued on) together and display it. Example page:
http://digital.library.yale.edu/cdm/document.php?CISOROOT=/yale-ydn&CISOPTR=74902&CISOSHOW=74872

Thanks,
-mike

Michael Friscia
Manager, Digital Library & Programming Services

Yale University Library
(203) 432-1856