I thought I'd pass along this announcement to the Code4Lib community about
registration opening for edUi 2012 (http://eduiconf.org). The call for
proposals is currently open as well.

What is edUi?
edUi is a conference for web professionals serving colleges, universities,
libraries, museums, and other institutions of learning. Our focus is
primarily on user interface and user experience design/development.

The 2012 conference is happening Sept. 24-26 in Richmond, VA.

-Trey

Registration is Open!

Register Now [http://edui2012.eventbrite.com/] and be a part of
this rare opportunity for kindred web professionals serving
institutions of learning to come together as one community,
share expertise, get inspired, and learn practical skills from
each other and top web industry experts.

Join a couple hundred of your peers from colleges, universities,
libraries and museums across the nation in Richmond, VA, Sept.
24-26 for edUi 2012.

What's in Store?

Two and a Half Days - We've expanded the conference format to two
and a half days. That's 25% more conference!

Same Price As Last Year - We know how tight your budget is. So
we're keeping prices flat for 2012 even though we've expanded
the conference. That's $450 for early bird tickets
[http://edui2012.eventbrite.com/] while they last.

Affordable Lodging - We're a non-profit and we know your
budgetary pain. That's why we are committed to keeping every
aspect of edUi as affordable as possible including your hotel
room. Book your room [http://eduiconf.org/venue/] at the Omni
for $149/night.

Keynotes by Jared Spool and Whitney Hess - Jared Spool kicked
edUi off in 2009 with his keynote Cooking Up Gourmet User
Experiences on a Fast-Food Budget. We're happy to welcome Jared
back and look forward to finding out if "girls under trees" is
still a significant problem with university home pages.

Whitney Hess is a user experience consultant and accomplished
speaker. She frequently joins the Event Apart crew as they tour
the country and can be seen at international conferences like UX
Hong Kong, or Frontiers of Interaction (Italy).

Jared Spool [http://eduiconf.org/speakers/jared-spool/]

Whitney Hess [http://eduiconf.org/speakers/whitney-hess/]

Workshops - One half-day workshop is included with your
registration at no additional charge.

Choose from:

- Lean UX with Jeff Gothelf
[http://eduiconf.org/speakers/jeff-gothelf/]

- jQuery with Jay Blanchard
[http://eduiconf.org/speakers/jay-blanchard/]

- Web Accessibility with Derek Featherstone
[http://eduiconf.org/speakers/derek-featherstone/]

- Responsive Design with Jason Cranford Teague
[http://eduiconf.org/speakers/jason-cranford-teague/]

Plenary - This year, Aneesh Chopra
[http://eduiconf.org/speakers/aneesh-chopra/], the first CTO of
the United States will deliver the plenary talk on how
technology and open data can improve democracy and education.

Plus 40 Other Speakers - The call for proposals
[http://eduiconf.org/speak-edui/] is open until June 15th. We'll
have the full program for you in July, but you can look forward
to more than 40 speakers who will offer knowledge and insights
about today's most important topics in User Experience, Web
Design and Development all targeted specifically for
institutions of learning.

Register Now

edUi 2011 sold out so register now
[http://edui2012.eventbrite.com/] to make sure you can join us
for two and a half days of pure web goodness.

Get Connected

• Website [http://www.eduiconf.org]

• Facebook [http://eduiconf.org/facebook]

• Twitter [http://twitter.com/eduiconf]

edUi is a Program of: Virginia Foundation for the Humanities