I'm curious to know if anyone has discovered ways of silently printing documents from such Windows applications as:

- Acrobat Reader (current version)

- Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, etc...)

- Windows Picture and Fax Viewer

I unfortunately haven't had much luck finding any resources on this.

I'd like to be able to receive documents in a queue like fashion to a single PC and simply print them off as they arrive. However, automating the loading/exiting of the full-blown application each time, and on-demand, seems a little too cumbersome and unnecessary.

I have not yet decided on whether I'd be scripting it (PHP, AutoIT, batch files, VBS, Powershell, etc...) or learning and then writing a .NET application. If .NET solutions use the COM object, the scripting becomes a potential candidate. Unfortunately I need to know how, or even if, it's even possible to do first.

Thank you for any and all feedback or assistance.

Brendon Kozlowski
Web Administrator
Saratoga Springs Public Library
49 Henry Street
Saratoga Springs, NY, 12866
[518] 584-7860 x217

To report this message as spam, offensive, or if you feel you have received this in error,
please send e-mail to [log in to unmask] including the entire contents and subject of the message.
It will be reviewed by staff and acted upon appropriately.