Howdy All,

Some folks from across campus just came to my door with this question.  I am still trying to work through the possibilities and problems, but thought others might have encountered something similar.

They are looking for a way to create a feed (RSS, or anything else that might work) for each faculty member on campus to collect and link to their publications, which can then be embedded into their faculty profile webpage (in WordPress).

I realize the vendors (JSTOR, EBSCO, etc.) allow author RSS feeds, but that really does not allow for disambiguation between folks with the same name and variants in name citation.  It appears Web of Science has author authority records and a set of apis, but we currently do not subscribe to WoS and am waiting for a trial to test.  What we need is something similar to this: http://arxiv.org/help/author_identifiers

We can ask faculty members to upload their own citations and then just auto link out to something like Serials Solutions' Journal Finder,  but that is likely not sustainable.

So, any suggestions - particularly free or low cost solutions.  Thanks!

Cheers, Paul
Paul R Butler
Assistant Systems Librarian
Simpson Library