The Board of Directors of the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) has approved six members to serve on a new advisory subcommittee for the Digital Library Federation (DLF) Program.

The subcommittee will advise the DLF director on matters relating to program activities, initiatives, partnerships, and strategy. The subcommittee comprises three CLIR Board members and three members of the DLF community, each of whom will serve a two-year term.

DLF Advisory Subcommittee members are:

Stephen Rhind-Tutt: CLIR Board member and President, Alexander Street Press

David Rumsey: CLIR Board member; Founder, David Rumsey Map Collection; and President, Cartography Associates

Sarah Shreeves: Coordinator, IDEALS; and Co-coordinator, Scholarly Commons

Tito Sierra: Associate Director for Technology, Massachusetts Institute for Technology

Winston Tabb: CLIR Board member and Sheridan Dean of University Libraries and Museums, Johns Hopkins University

Jennifer Vinopal, Librarian for Digital Scholarship Initiatives, New York University

David Rumsey will serve as chair of the subcommittee.

“The new DLF Advisory Committee represents an important step for CLIR and our Board,” said CLIR President Charles Henry. “It combines the organizational knowledge and procedural strength of board members with the expertise and perspective of some of the leading figures in digital library development. Because DLF is involved with some of the more salient projects in the U.S. and overseas, the board will help provide direction and insight not just for DLF and CLIR, but for an emerging digital environment that is transformative for higher education, touching upon every aspect of scholarly communication in the pursuit of new knowledge and discovery."

“I would like to thank the DLF community for its support and participation in the open nomination process to identify candidates, and to thank the 23 DLF community members on our slate of nominees who were willing to serve,” said DLF Program Director Rachel Frick. “I am excited to work with the DLF Advisory Subcommittee as we chart the future of the DLF program.”

CLIR is an independent, nonprofit organization that forges strategies to enhance research, teaching, and learning environments in collaboration with libraries, cultural institutions, and communities of higher learning. It aims to promote forward-looking collaborative solutions that transcend disciplinary, institutional, professional, and geographic boundaries in support of the public good. CLIR’s Digital Library Federation program aims to build and support a robust, engaged community whose members share an interest in advancing digital libraries.

--

Rachel L. Frck
Director, Digital Library Federation Program