Thanks, Andrea.  I guess I did see this after all.  Unfortunately, I
don't think I will be able to attend.  Our travel budget is very tight
and I have to go to both ALA meetings this year due to committee
responsibilities.  I'll definitely keep this conference in mind for
next year though!

-Meghan

Quoting "Goethals, Andrea" <[log in to unmask]>:

> Here's the call for proposals mentioned in our NDSA Standards &
> Practices call. Proposals are due Monday.
> -----------------
>
> DigitalPreservation 2012/NDIIPP Partners Meeting
>
> It's that time of year again: planning for the NDIIPP partners
> meeting is underway.  This year's meeting, DigitalPreservation 2012,
> is scheduled for July 24-26, and will be held in the Washington, DC,
> area.  The theme is access to digital content under stewardship.  We
> are lining up exciting keynote speakers and looking forward to a
> lively exchange of ideas.
>
> Our annual summer meeting of NDIIPP partners, NDSA members and
> interested individuals brings together an extensive community to
> share achievements in the areas of technical infrastructure,
> innovation, content collection, standards and outreach efforts.
>
> Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
>
> **Challenges, successes and lessons learned within and between
> stewarding institutions
>
> **Digital preservation tools, services and other resources
>
> **Best practices for digital preservation practices in smaller institutions
>
> **Educational needs and opportunities for emerging and practicing
> professionals
>
> **Personal digital archiving
>
> In the interest of broad participation, we are eagerly seeking
> proposals for 5-minute lightening talks, along with posters and
> demonstrations.  Ideas for workshops and session panels will also be
> considered.
>
> Please send 300 words or less describing what you would like to
> present to Erin Engle ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) by
> April 23. Accepted proposals will be notified by May 1.
>

> Andrea Goethals
> Digital Preservation and Repository Services Manager
> Harvard Library
> (617) 495-3724

> write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
> or click the following link:
> http://list.digitalpreservation.gov/SCRIPTS/WA-DIGITAL.EXE?SUBED1=NDSA-STANDARDS&A=1

Meghan Banach Bergin
Coordinator, Bibliographic Access and Metadata Unit
Information Resources Management Department/W.E.B. Du Bois Library
University of Massachusetts
154 Hicks Way
Amherst, MA  01003
Telephone  (413) 545-6846
Fax  (413) 545-6494
E-mail  [log in to unmask]

"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even
less."--General Eric Shinseki, former U.S. Army Chief of Staff