The 4-8 week deadline is more self-imposed than anything.  The plan is (or
was) to deploy the new version of this project by mid-late summer.  It is
already under way, with a working prototype, and I can probably mostly
finish it in 80-120 hours of solid work.  I want to deploy it as soon as we
can because other bigger, sexier projects depend on RDF delivered from this
project.  If it takes six months to completely rewrite this project for
node, or any non-java platform with which I have less experience, we've
thrown a monkey wrench into the development of our other projects.

As for triplestores:

Mulgara is on my list to check out, as is sesame.  Does mulgara support
SPARQL Update yet?  In theory, one should be able to post updates directly
from XForms into a triplestore which supports SPARQL Update.  Maybe this
warrants a separate thread.