I think with cheap yet fully capable computers like the Raspberry Pi
[1] it opens up all sorts of possibilities for collecting data on and
interacting in spaces. I hope we'll see more of this kind of
experimentation. Since they're cheap it'll be easy to embed them all
over the place.

Now if only the RPi I ordered on the first day would just get here
already, so I can start playing with it.

Jason

[1] http://www.raspberrypi.org/