On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 11:55 PM, Maryann Kempthorne <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Why not a cardigan checkout?
> Maryann

We have had semi-serious conversations here about having lap blanket
checkouts. Our fourth floor is prime quiet study space, but when it's below
freezing outside--which is the case pretty much 24-7 in the run-up to
finals in December--it's frigid up there.

On the one hand, I love the idea of displaying the temperatures to students
on the Web site ("Too cold on the 60 degree 4th floor? Take a break in the
80 degree computer lab in the basement!"), but on the other hand, I don't
want to discourage them from studying in the library....

Julia

Julia Bauder

Data Services Librarian

Interim Director of the Data Analysis and Social Inquiry Lab (DASIL)

Grinnell College Libraries

1111 Sixth Ave.

Grinnell, IA 50112