The latest version of Jena TDB adds atomic transactions (version 0.9.0+)

See http://jena.apache.org/documentation/tdb/tdb_transactions.html for
documentation:

The following limitations are listed:

   - Bulk loads: the TDB bulk loader is not transactional
   - Nested transactions are not supported.
   - Some active transaction state is held exclusively in-memory, limiting
   scalability.
   - Long-running transactions. Read-transactions cause a build-up of
   pending changes;
   - If a single read transaction runs for a long time when there are many
   updates, the system will consume a lot of temporary resources.