On May 10, 2012, at 11:16 AM, Edward Iglesias wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I was wondering if any of you had experience viewing large ~300MB and
> up TIFF files on an iPad.  I can get them to the iPad but the photo
> viewer is less than optimal.  It stops enlarging after a while and I'm
> looking at Medieval manuscripts so...

Are there any other requirements?

If it doesn't have to be actually on that machine, and you can
interact with a webserver, you might want to consider converting it
to JPEG2000, and then using a JPIP server to serve them.

The group here that's using it is only serving 16 megapixel images,
but the advantage is that you can selectively send only the regions
and detail as needed ... but you don't have to generate lots of tiles
at different scaling:

	http://wiki.helioviewer.org/wiki/ESA_JPIP_Server

-Joe