On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM, Ethan Gruber <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> It was recently suggested to me that a project I am working on may adopt
> node.js for its architecture (well, be completely re-written for node.js).
> I don't know anything about node.js, and have only heard of it in some
> passing discussions on the list.  I'd like to know if anyone on code4lib
> has experience developing in this platform, and what their thoughts are on
> it, positive or negative.

I've only played a little bit, but my take is: you'll have more parts
to build than with other systems. If you need persistent connections,
it's gonna be neat; if you don't, it's probably not worth the bother.

The Peepcode screencasts on Node:

https://peepcode.com/screencasts/node

are probably worth your time and money.

-n