I have done some work with node building apps in the areas of mapping
and communication (chat, etc.).

Looking at the list at
https://github.com/joyent/node/wiki/Projects,-Applications,-and-Companies-Using-Node,
the emphasis on real-time stands out.

Node is fast and lightweight, and is well suited to applications that
need speed and can take advantage of multiple channels.

Thanks,

Cary

--
Cary Gordon