On May 8, 2012, at 2:30 PM, Ethan Gruber wrote:

> I once had benchmarks comparing XML processing with Saxon/XSLT2 vs hpricot
> and nokogiri, and Saxon is the most efficient XML processor there is.  I
> don't have that data any more though, but that's why I'm not a proponent of
> using PHP/Ruby for delivering and manipulating XML content.  Each platform
> has its pros and cons.  I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers with that
> statement.

I don't think any feathers were ruffled, but it helps to understand what you're looking for.  Basically node is going to be in the same camp as PHP, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc. and rely on LibXML/LibXSLT (which means no XSLT2).

If Saxon is your primary tool, I think you're best off with something in the JVM (Java, JRuby, Groovy, etc.) or C#.

There's no reason, for example, you couldn't run Saxon with JRuby and Rails.

But there's still that 4-8 week deadline.

-Ross.