No, fair enough, you are right. If that's the paradigm you want it would be a better bet to go for a language that has it built in from the ground up.
From: Code for Libraries [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Ed Summers [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 09 May 2012 10:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Anyone using node.js?

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 4:50 AM, Berry, Rob <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Though re Python I would say mixing Django with Twisted is a fairly blatant error. There are libraries built on Twisted to serve web-pages, and if you're doing event-driven programming you should really be using them.

Heh, but part of your argument for using POE or Twisted was that "they
also both have a very large number of excellent quality libraries to
do innumerable other things." I think it's more like a slippery slope
of mixing programming paradigms than it is a blatant error. Also, I
think it was specifically the Django ORM code that bit them hardest,
not HTTP calls. Yes there are ORM options like adbmapper, but I think
you increasingly find yourself in the weeds on the fringe of the
Python community.

//Ed