If you're just looking for text, our programmer did it simply by doing
a screen scrape of the resulting page. So the call number search is
used, it automatically takes the first result and scrapes the
information from the item details page. Doesn't really help in getting
it in JSON or XML though.

Right now, since we have Summon, we're looking into using their API to
grab search results (for multiple items instead of just one), which I
believe is returned in XML or JSON and limiting it to e/books.

-Cynthia