Petridish.org is a New York-based technology start-up that is changing the way
exploration, field research and scientific projects are funded. We've built a
web platform that connects world renowned scientists with the broader public
in order to raise awareness about their research and help raise funding
directly from private donations. Some people call us the "Kickstarter for
science," but we like to think of ourselves as a next generation National
Geographic or Discovery Channel.

We're a small team and you would be working directly with the founders who
have extensive experience in venture capital, business, engineering and web
development.

Community Manager

About the role

Petridish is seeking an ambitious person who believes in our mission to
promote scientific research and wants to work closely with our founding team.
This person will:

Proactively identify and reach out to scientists with interesting projects

Answer inquiries from scientists

Manage our twitter and facebook accounts

Produce our weekly email newsletter using mailchimp

Write for and manage our blog

Create online resources for scientists to reference in building their
crowdfunding campaigns

Assist with general marketing and community building activities

Requirements

We're looking for a smart, hard-working person who can handle a variety of
tasks and wants to learn from our team. The below should only be considered a
rough guideline:

2+ years experience

Previous science media or technology start-up experience a plus

Previous social media marketing experience preferred

Strong writing and communication skills

Passionate about science, exploration and research

Self-starting and hard working

Excited to work with a small, talented team

The role comes with a full-time salary and generous options plan. To apply,
please submit your resume, and a short email outlining your experience and why
you are interested in this job to: [log in to unmask]

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/916/