*apologies for cross-posting*

http://accessconference.ca/2012/05/01/this-is-great-we-want-more/

Over the past few days we’ve received a ton of great proposals. Choosing the best is not going to be easy, and however we choose, I know there will be some great presentations that we won’t get to hear.

Having said that… we want more! Specifically, more proposals for ignite talks and especially ideas for the hackfest event. (And if you have an idea for a traditional presentation, we’re interested in those as well!).

The deadline for submitting proposals for Access 2012 is hereby extended to Monday, May 14, 2012<http://accessconference.ca/2012/03/22/access-2012-call-for-proposals/>.

The presentations form the backbone of the conference, but the ignite talks are like high-bandwidth, multimedia knowledge transfer streams! They bring a whole other level of energy to Access, giving us all the opportunity to share a lot of ideas in a very short period of time. So more of those would be great<http://accessconference.ca/2012/03/22/access-2012-call-for-proposals/>!

We also need ideas for the hackfest pre-conference event. Not everyone goes to the hackfest, but having a group of you spending the day before the conference hacking away on a problem of interest to all brings to the conference a fresh collection of insights, techniques, and maybe even solutions we’re all interested in. Remember that you don’t necessarily need to participate in the hackfest to submit an idea. If you have an idea that you’d like to see other folks work on, send it through<http://accessconference.ca/2012/03/22/access-2012-call-for-proposals/>!

Amy Buckland
eScholarship, ePublishing & Digitization Coordinator
McGill University Library
514.398.3059