On May 10, 2012, at 5:49 PM, Mark Jordan wrote:

> Wouldn't the NIH syndrome endemic to libraries make such a set unlikely?

But every website redesign committee I have ever sat on (which have been many; since the dawn of the web -- every one a scarring experience) has always started by compiling the library websites (and occasionally outside of the library, but almost *always* library websites) that have designs we admire or aspects that we would like to emulate or incorporate.

Every single one.

I can't imagine that this phenomenon was exclusive to the three universities I have worked for, which would lead me to believe that *some* design patterns must show up in a significant cross-section of library websites (although, like Sean, I agree that so often, other website designs were rejected for whatever local reasons or biases we had).

-Ross.