Salvete!

> That's all I'm saying - that on the aggregate, there are probably
> patterns, although I would not say they are necessarily coherent or even
> well-thought out, I think patterns would emerge.

    I concur, and would risk the rotten tomatoes sure to emerge by adding that I think the contact information is so often so poorly thought out that a user almost never knows where the Library is and when it's open from the Welcome or Home Page of the Library's site.

    I would think positively though that there are very good reasons to compile a generic. This could be of great use to say, the membership of a large Library consortium, particularly one that serves a mess of tiny rural Libraries that might not have the means to really tool about too much on their own. (Not that there isn't fantastic talent in rural Libraries, but there is certainly a crowd of "Well, I'll just use wordpress as the Library website and call it a day crowd." I just think we can do better than wordpress as a field.)

Just sayin',
Brooke