>> We do have microclimates within the library, so while it may be hot on
>> 3N, chances are good it's freezing on 4S. Given that actually fixing this
>> is beyond the library's control, what if we put wireless temperature
>> sensors throughout the building and displayed their readings on the library
>> homepage?

Very cool idea.

Check out air quality egg: http://airqualityegg.wikispaces.com/

I ordered one already, from their kickstarter fundraiser (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/edborden/air-quality-egg) just for personal exploration. I'd be happy to report on my experience, if anyone's interested. It looks like a vibrant development community, and they have a series of workshops planned in cities around the world.

Cheers,
Bess