Hi Andy,

I am a SRU newbie myself, so I don't know how this could be achieved
using scan operations and could not find much info on SRU website
(http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/).

As for the wildcards, according to this guide:
http://www.oclc.org/support/documentation/worldcat/searching/refcard/sea
rchworldcatquickreference.pdf the symbols should be preceded by at least
3 characters, and therefore clauses like:

... AND srw.dd=*

... AND srw.dd=?.*

... AND srw/dd=###.*

... AND srw/dd=?3.*

do not work and result in the following error:

Diagnostics

Identifier:

info:srw/diagnostic/1/9

Meaning:

Details:

Message:

Not enough chars in truncated term:Truncated words too short(9)

Thanks,

Arash