Please excuse the cross-post:

We are considering the migration of our LAMP-based ResourceSpace digital asset management system to the cloud, with the possible interim step of using a clustering technology like GlusterFS to move some data into the cloud while still running the system locally. We are interested in recommendations for consultants with experience assisting in this type of migration.

On a related project, we are considering moving to JPEG 2000 for storage of our master images, and may be interested in locating a consultant to help with this process as well. (I already have a few ideas where to start on this.)

If you have previously worked with an outside consultant on either type of project and could provide recommendations, I'd appreciate it.

I'd also welcome feedback if you've previously completed projects like those outlined above and have any wise words to offer.

Thanks in advance,

David Dwiggins

David Dwiggins
Systems Librarian/Archivist, Historic New England
141 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114
(617) 994-5948
http://www.historicnewengland.org