Hello,

I made some revisions to the dp staffing survey based on:
- feedback from our last WG call (defines FTE, gives example of other department, ability to indicate that an area isn't considered part of the dp function)
-  feedback from Mary Vardigan via email (primarily about the privacy text, but also some new options for the type of organization, and the wording of the question about the amount of files being preserved)
- best practice videos/manuals on building surveys (by Qualtrics and SurveyMonkey) Based on these I simplified how the number ranges were presented for the question on amount of content, simplified some question text, and added some more N/A and Other options.
- capability of Qualtrics - using a feature called "carry forward choices", they're now asked which areas are considered part of the dp function at their org, and in a follow up question they are asked the status of any they had selected in the previous question.

You can try out a test version of the survey with this link:  Try the test version of the survey.<https://harvard.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_7PdihNMVB9FnT6I>
Currently 2 of the questions are required (name of organization, type of organization) so you won't be able to advance to page 2 if you leave these blank.

Any and all feedback is welcome.

For the "real" survey, Jimi and I were thinking that a month should be sufficient time to keep the survey open once we're ready to publish it. That should give us enough time to look at the number of responses coming in and send out reminders if needed. Any objections to the month length?

Thanks,
Andrea

Andrea Goethals
Digital Preservation and Repository Services Manager
Harvard Library
(617) 495-3724