Hi all,

I'm interested in analyzing the list archives with a goal of studying
how concepts move through the list over time, the relationship (or
non-relationship) between discussions in the list and eventual
implementations and practices in the broader library community, the
zeitgeist over time of an active development community, etc.  I'm not
sure about the tools and products at the moment, but the outcomes would
be anonymous and there would be no e-mail harvest of any kind,
especially and specifically any commercial harvesting.  An initial idea
as an example of what I'm thinking about is to generate word clouds that
could give a snapshot of what's going on over some defined period of
time, or concepts most closely associated with a particular term, or an
overlap analysis against one of the library science databases.  Stuff
like that.

Eric Lease Morgan, the list admin, can provide an archive of the list,
but I wanted to check with all of you before I asked for it.

Cheers,

Paul

*Paul Orkiszewski*
Coordinator of Library Technology Services / Associate Professor
University Library
Appalachian State University
218 College Street
P.O. Box 32026