Ken,

It was not in a share-able state, but is a bit moreso now.  I cleaned
up the code some (not enough to avoid embarrassment probably), added
some new features I needed, removed institution specific history, and
put it up on Github:
https://github.com/jronallo/sli_video

I haven't processed all that much video with this version, but it
seems to work so far. For a previous version of this code, I had
tested the output video on various browsers, including some mobile
browsers, and it worked. I haven't done as much testing with this
version of the script. Rather than using this Ruby code you may just
want to peek inside to see the steps it goes through and the
parameters used for the calls out to command line tools, and then go
write your own.

I will continue using the open source version of the library for my
own processing for the time being. (In the future I may be moving to
using a local transcoding service.) As I find bugs or need new
features, I'll incorporate those into this version as long as I'm
still using it.

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems with it.

Jason