Assuming you're asking about storing them in the database, I will differ from Roy here and suggest saving them into to floating-point-number fields. That's always seemed to me to be to be the bets way to go (one discrete data element per field).

I also feel combining is easier than parsing, but that's just me. :)

--Joel

Joel Richard
Lead Web Developer, Web Services Department
Smithsonian Institution Libraries | http://library.si.edu/