Take your IT skills and passion for the web to a role where it will impact on
research and learning for generations to come. You'll not only enjoy working
with cutting edge technology, but also have the opportunity to develop expert
knowledge in web archiving and display your expertise on an international
stage.

Joining the British Library's web archiving team, you'll manage and monitor
the process of harvesting UK websites, and help build innovative and
integrated access systems to make these resources available to our users. This
will include the brand new large-scale UK web harvest (under the Legal Deposit
Programme) as well as the established 'selective' archive, which focuses on
those sites are representative of British social history and cultural
heritage. You'll ensure that they are effectively collected and curated, in
order to increase their availability and access for users now and in the
future. It is also your responsibility to make sure that harvested websites
achieve appropriate quality standards and that our web archiving
infrastructure operates securely, effectively and efficiently.

A background in archiving is not required for the post - we are looking for
enthusiasm and technical ability. You'll possess good technical, communication
and interaction skills. In addition to knowledge of scripting languages and
regular expressions, you'll possess experience of maintaining Apache Webserver
and Apache Tomcat on Linux/Unix systems, and managing applications in
production environments. You'll be familiar with SQL-queries, and you'll
understand the advantages and disadvantages of object-orientated languages
with reference to at least one mainstream language (e.g. Java).

For informal enquiries please contact Andrew Jackson, Web Archiving Technical
Lead on 01937 546602

For more information see: https://gs10.globalsuccessor.com/fe/tpl_britishlibra
ry01.asp?s=eziKhNSpCaRDiFfRax&jobid=89398,5698547254&key=69968115&c=8602865287
48&pagestamp=seqmsdilxhrtwdeobc

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/981/