++

Mark N's comments made me wonder, "what kinds of things *don't* require
IRB approval?"  Here's a link to a page with the US's HHS department,
Office for Human Research Protections.

http://1.usa.gov/OHRPchart

Nice little flowchart / decision tree. Looks like Paul's particular bit of
research wouldn't require IRB approval. (import
standardLegalDisclaimer.notALawyer)

Joe Montibello, MLIS
Library Systems Manager
Dartmouth College Library