LITA Heads of Library Technology IG meeting at ALA Annual Conference 2012, Anaheim, CA
Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 10:30am - 12pm
Sheraton Garden Grove, Chardonnay Room

In addition to a short business meeting there will be presentations:

Win Shih from USC Libraries will talk about IT Leadership and Focus in a Changing Environment: from Function to Transformation to Strategy
Technology is the driving engine for library and higher education enterprises these days. In the networked academy, information technology (IT) is more pervasive and critical in facilitating the success of student learning and faculty research than ever before. Effective library IT leaders, therefore, are not only accountable for healthy daily technological operations and for effective support vis-à-vis business processes; but must adopt a holistic, external foci and concentrate upon applying IT strategically to drive innovation, fuel productivity and create new initiatives.

Jason Vaughan from UNLV Libraries will talk about Staff use of iPads
- Here at the UNLV Libraries we're just now deploying iPads to over 30 library staff for library staff use.  I've learned a lot in preparing for the rollout and support requirements associated with all this, and will cover:
- Purchasing logistics (iPads themselves and iPad apps -- e.g. discounts, staff purchases vs purchases paid for by the institution, etc.
- Setting up a sustainable infrastructure for support (i.e. technical support issues that may develop down the line)  Highlights of our distribution technique and basic training for staff receiving iPads

Meg Brown-Sica from CU Denver Libraries will talk about the Auraria Library Tech Check-Out Program

The LITA HoLT IG is also seeking the suggestions for discussion topics, things you have been working on, plan to work, or want to work on in terms of Leadership and Library Technology. All suggestions and presentation topics are welcome and will be given consideration for presentation and discussion.

http://connect.ala.org/node/179460

----
Stu Baker
Associate University Librarian