Hi Corinna,

At UBC Library, we built a PHP Hours & Location application to manage 17
locations distributed across 3 disparate geographic locations. It might
solve some of the issues you raise:

   - it has a *front-end portal* that uses progressive disclosure to show
   Library branch and campus details (for descriptions, addresses and a
   seasonal calendar that accounts for exceptions like building closures or
   emergencies)
   - it uses a *database* to store the hours and locations information,
   based on dates ranges for managing regular and exception hours
   - it has an *admin panel / CMS *that library staff can log in to make
   changes to their operation and reference hours (which gets reflected in
   multiple locations)
   - it includes several *widgets* for embedding today's and this week's
   hours into other sites
   - it includes a *printable* version (for planning and window display) of
   the hours

You can see our application here: Portal <http://hours.library.ubc.ca/> |
Widget <http://aarp.library.ubc.ca/> (see box on right) |
Print<http://hours.library.ubc.ca/print.php>

I've also attached a screenshot of the admin panel.

I'd be happy to answer any questions about the design, user testing and
development process, and the staff and administrative challenges we've
encountered along the way.
You can get the code here.

https://github.com/UBCLIBSYS/LibraryHoursLocations

Thanks,
Paul

 Paul Joseph
Systems Librarian

UBC Library
Library Systems & Information Technology
Irving K. Barber Learning Centre, Room 142
1961 East Mall
Vancouver, BC
V6T 1Z1

Phone: 604-827-5132