Worldcat does have the "basic" API, which is "more" "open" (assuming your
situation qualifies). At any rate, it's free and open to (non-commercial)
non-subscribers.

http://oclc.org/developer/documentation/worldcat-basic-api/using-api

Searching isn't terribly sophisticated, but might suit your need. And the
schema.org data will be much richer than what you'd normally get back from
the Basic API.

-Ross.