Not sure if you said where the lats and longs came from, but if any of your
geocodes are historical, or worked out from looking at paper maps rather
than a GPS then you should probably think about storing the Datum that was
used as the basis for the geocode. Different datums can vary by up to a few
hundred meters.

Peter

Peter Neish | Systems Officer, Victorian Parliamentary Library
Department of Parliamentary Services
Parliament of Victoria