When you look at everything that goes into the TCO, it is hard to make
a case for a physical server.

We have about 17 years experience running systems starting with the
California State Library's DEC Alpha. We won't miss running the
datacenter on the weekend to deal with a drive failure.

Amazon has gone from a metric-less, expensive and difficult to manage
system to a solid infrastructure with better performance per dollar
than we can get in our datacenter. The bonus is thatt we can scale at
will.

Cary

--
Cary Gordon