On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Nathan Tallman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> That's what I'm worried about with MediaWiki. The syntax used when creating
> and editing pages isn't intuitive and I'm afraid people won't want to use
> it. I was hoping someone would recommend a wiki with more of a WYSIWYG type
> of editing interface. Was also hoping to stick with FLOSS, but perhaps I
> should at least peak at Confluence.

It's still experimental but the Wikimedia Foundation is developing a visual
WYSIWYG type editor.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/VisualEditor:Sandbox (try it)

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:VisualEditor

The goal is to make it easier to edit without the wiki syntax.  There still
will be an "advanced" edit option so that people can still use markup if
they want.

Cheers,
Katie Filbert

--
Katie Filbert
Board member, Wikimedia District of Columbia