 The Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media is
looking for a junior PHP developer (contract, preferably local/onsite) to join
our innovative and energetic team in working on Omeka
<[omeka.org](http://omeka.org)>, our FOSS Zend-based content management system
and web publishing platform for cultural heritage
materials. You can see the code at
<[https://github.com/omeka/Omeka](https://github.com/omeka/Omeka)>.

Required:

 Proficiency in PHP
(1-2 experience years)

 Proficiency in
Javascript (1-2 years experience)

 Strong Object-
Oriented programming skills

 Familiarity with the
MVC design pattern

 Familiarity with
Zend Framework

 Excellent
communication skills with others at all levels of programming skill

 Ability to balance
competing needs and priorities in designing code

 Creativity in
problem-solving, and openness to experimenting with unfamiliar approaches

Preferred:

 Experience working
on open source software projects

 Familiarity with
HTML5, CSS3, and graphic design principles

 Experience with
Amazon Web Services and other cloud services

 Experience with
github

 Experience with
PHPUnit testing framework

 Background or
experience in the Humanities

With guidance from our Lead Developer and Omeka Dev Team Manager, and in
collaboration with other developers and members of CHNM, the new team member
will work primarily on various aspects of our Omeka content management system.

Duties:

 Resolve issues in
the core Omeka core

 Develop and maintain
Omeka plugins and themes

 Build and customize
new sites with Omeka

 Help to design and
implement future versions of the core Omeka codebase Contribute to other ad-
hoc projects within the CHNM ecosystem.

CHNM is the leading producer of open source tools for humanists and of award-
winning history content on the Web (for example: Zotero, Omeka,
teachinghistory.org and the Bracero History Archive). Each year CHNM's many
project Web sites receive over 16 million visitors, and over a million people
rely on its digital tools to teach, learn and conduct research. CHNM is
located at George Mason University, which is 15 miles from Washington DC, and
is accessible by public transportation.

Please send a resume and cover letter to [log in to unmask] We will begin
reviewing materials immediately.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1631/