From: "Brig C McCoy" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:28:03 AM
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Browser Wars

Hi...

This is from the last six weeks from one of my public-facing websites.
Definitely not going to drop MSIE support for the website at this rate:

# #reqs #pages browser
1 18137 827 MSIE
8651 437 MSIE/8
7400 277 MSIE/9
1866 52 MSIE/7
193 42 MSIE/6
16 16 MSIE/5
11 3 MSIE/10
2 1809 441 Safari
1128 299 Safari/533
202 58 Safari/534
214 54 Safari/7534
79 23 Safari/6533
41 4 Safari/530
13 3 Safari/531
3 906 260 Netscape (compatible)
4 1287 182 Firefox
442 114 Firefox/13
408 34 Firefox/12
139 11 Firefox/10
163 6 Firefox/3
28 6 Firefox/14
11 5 Firefox/9
6 2 Firefox/4
12 2 Firefox/6
4 1 Firefox/15
8 1 Firefox/7
5 1164 175 Chrome
718 111 Chrome/19
409 61 Chrome/20
23 1 Chrome/9
4 1 Chrome/10
1 1 Chrome/5

...brig

On 7/12/2012 9:33 AM, Michael Schofield wrote:
> Ever since Microsoft announced the new IE auto-update policy, the
> blogosphere is fussing. This is definitely important (and good) news, but
> sites-Smashing Magazine has three articles on it in the last few days-are
> really pushing the "drop IE support," and "its literally slowing the
> internet down." I'm down, but that attitude-especially for libraries-isn't
> really the right one to have. It is, IMHO, an old view. A smart design
> strategy with progressive enhancement can deliver content to . everyone -
> which should be the priority for non-prof / [local-]government web presences
> over flare. Right?--
Brig C. McCoy [log in to unmask]
Network Services Coordinator
Kansas City, Kansas Public Library